Volno village: Holy Trinity Church

Cats

Volno village: Holy Trinity Church

Volno village in the Baranovichi district, the Brest region, was founded by resilient people who could and were good at making their own choices. Together with Belarusian monuments, antique names such as “Volno” were preserved.

“Volno” comes from the old word “will” and “will” sounds the same way in the different languages and means “strength”, “expectation”, “power”, and “choice”.

In the middle of the 17th century a Basilian cloister(monastery) was built here. Ahospital was opened attached to the cloister where the elderly people were provided help. The building also housed a school where children were taught not only literacy but also philosophy.

In the Basilian school, children of Polish noblemen Kaminsky studied. Later the Kaminsky family constructed a new building in the park.

Volno belonged to Kaminsky family throughout 150 years. In the second half of the 18th century, they sold Volno to the Polish noble Domyslovsky family.

Mikhail Domyslovsky donated money to build a new church in the village. In 1768, the church was consecrated in honor of the Holy Trinity.

Деревня Вольно, Барановичский район, Брестская область

Деревня Вольно, Барановичский район, Брестская область